Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Oh! Calamares: Peruvian Cheese Whiz Potatoes

The gurls took me to OH! Calamares, a Peruvian restaurant in Kearny. The Pisco based cocktails were potent and delicious. We started with papas a la huacaina. I was all excited for these two to taste the creamy delicious potatoy goodness. Instead it was like spicey cheese whiz poured over some boiled potatos. Not horrible tasting, I just question the authenticity.

Thankfully, this microwaved wonder was not the mood setter. The other three dishes were delicious. Brit brit got Tallarin Mixta - Asian inspired noodles. Rhi Rhi got a garlicy chicken stew served with rice. I got the stir fry over beef dish - which I can not remember the name of right now. ugh. Delicious. Tasted like the stuff I ate when I was in Peru in 2007.












https://plus.google.com/116141010189712502872/about?gl=us&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment