Monday, June 3, 2013

Veggie Heaven: Taiwanese Vegetarian in Denville, NJ








I'm not a huge fan of American vegetarian food. Slap some mayonaise on a bunch of cubed, runny tofu does not a meal make.

Now Asian vegetarian. Yes please!  THE Man took me to Veggie Heaven in Denville, NJ for Taiwanese style vegetarian food. In all fairness, the menu is wide and varied and has all sorts of err crap on it. Like the mistake I made in ordering the "Vietnamese" style fresh spring roll. No tofu, just a hint of mint, and a ton of shredded jicama. Totally not what I was expecting, and not exciting in any way.  THE Man ordered sweet and sour soup, which was one of the best bowls of said soup I have had in the USA.

We both ordered random stir fries with tofu in all sorts of "mock meat" varieties. I enjoyed both dishes. The different ways the tofu was prepared kept it exciting and delicious. I especially liked the vegetarian sausage.It had a nice firmness to it. The cashews  added to my stir fry were nice and crunchy. enjoyable.

veggieheavennj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment